• Joe Breitfeller

Jetstar to Restore Domestic Flights in New Zealand to 90 Percent of Pre-crisis Level in August

Jetstar announced on Friday that due to strong demand in New Zealand, they will resume 90 percent of their domestic pre-pandemic schedule in August. The carrier will offer over 100 weekly return flights across six routes and resume Wellington-Queenstown service.


Jetstar Airbus A321neo LR - Courtesy Jetstar

On Friday (July 31, 2020), Jetstar announced that due to strong domestic demand in New Zealand, they will restore their schedule to 90 percent of pre-pandemic levels in August, up from 60 percent in July. The carrier will offer over 100 weekly return flights across six routes and resume flights between Wellington and Queenstown. Jetstar plans on operating at 90 percent capacity through October 2020 and will re-evaluate demand for their November schedule. Guests who have been booked on the remaining 10 percent of flights have been contacted and offered another flight on the same day as their cancelled flight. Jetstar’s ‘Friday Fare Frenzy’ will go live on mid-day Friday (NZST) with special fares as low as $36 one-way on over 6,000 seats. In Friday’s announcement, Jetstar Group’s CEO, Gareth Evans said,


“We’ve seen a great response from customers, with bookings exceeding our expectations in the first month since we resumed domestic flights in New Zealand. It’s no secret that New Zealanders love to travel, and demand for our low fares to popular leisure destinations, such as Queenstown and Dunedin, have been really strong. We have also seen an increase in the number of customers flying for business, specifically between Auckland and Wellington. While many other countries are operating a limited domestic network due to COVID-related restrictions, it’s exciting to see the local tourism market in New Zealand going from strength to strength. We’re really pleased to bring more tourists to New Zealand’s regional areas to support local businesses and it’s great to have more of our people flying. We’ll continue to monitor our network in the coming months where there is demand.”

Jetstar Resumes 90 Percent of Domestic New Zealand Schedule - Courtesy Jetstar

The Jetstar Group consists of Jetstar Airways (a Qantas Group subsidiary) in Australia and New Zealand, Jetstar Asia in Singapore, Pacific Airlines in Vietnam, and Jetstar Japan. Prior to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Jetstar branded carriers operated around 5,000 weekly flights to over 85 destinations.


Source: Jetstar

0 comments

BreitflytE Airline News 

Subscribe to the Breitflyte Newsletter!

© 2021 Breitflyte Airline News Network.  All Rights Reserved.