top of page

The content on Breitflyte Airline News Network will always be free and won’t require a subscription. is a participant in several affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites.  We may earn a commission if you click on or make a purchase through one of our links.  Thank you for supporting our affiliate advertisers. 

Delta Air Lines and airBaltic Launch New Codeshare Partnership

Delta Air Lines has inked a new codeshare agreement with the Latvian national carrier, airBaltic, effective November 22, 2023.  Delta will add their DL code to airBaltic flights, providing customers more seamless connectivity options between North America and Latvia.

Delta and airBaltic Launch New Codeshare Cooperation - Courtesy Delta Air Lines/airBaltic

On Wednesday (November 15, 2023), Delta Air Lines announced the launch of a new codeshare partnership with airBaltic, the national flag carrier of Latvia.  Effective November 22, 2023, Delta will add their DL code to airBaltic operated flights, providing customers convenient connectivity, and more booking and ticketing options, when traveling between North America and Latvia.  Under the agreement, Delta’s marketing code will be placed on 20 leading airBaltic routes, including service to Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius. 

In Wednesday’s announcement, Delta Air Lines’ President – International, Alain Bellemare, said,

“Enhanced partnerships are integral to our long-term strategy to better connect Delta customers to more of the world.  Working closely with airBaltic will further strengthen Delta’s connection to this vibrant European region and offer consumers in the Baltics unrivalled access to destinations across the United States.”

Also commenting on the new commercial partnership, airBaltic’s President and CEO, Martin gauss, added,

“This marks a historic achievement for airBaltic and Latvia, as we embark on expanding our network across the Atlantic Ocean.  The collaboration with Delta, known for its expansive network and international cooperation infrastructure, holds tremendous opportunities.  It will not only attract new passengers to airBaltic, but also elevate the Baltics’ global visibility and connectivity.”

Established in 1995, Air Baltic Corporation SA (airBaltic) is a joint stock company with most of the equity (97.97%) held by the Latvian state and the remaining 2.03 percent held by other shareholders.  One of the most punctual carriers in the world, the airline connects the Baltic region with over 100 routes from Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius and Tampere to Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and the Caucasus region with a fleet of 44 Airbus A220-300s.  The airline Group also includes Air Baltic Training SIA, Loyalty Services SIA, Baltijas Kravu Centrs SIA and Crew Resources AS.  airBaltic currently employs 2,360 team members and aims to surpass the 2,500 employee mark by the end of 2023. 


Source(s): Delta Air Lines, airBaltic


bottom of page