top of page

The content on Breitflyte Airline News Network will always be free and won’t require a subscription.  Breitflyte.com is a participant in several affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites.  We may earn a commission if you click on or make a purchase through one of our links.  Thank you for supporting our affiliate advertisers. 

ADVERTISEMENT

airBaltic Adds New Routes From Riga to Innsbruck, Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh

For winter 2024/25 airBaltic will launch new service from Riga to Innsbruck, Austria and both Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt. Innsbruck service will operate once weekly from December 22nd, while flights to Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh will operate twice weekly.


airBaltic Airbus A220-300 - Courtesy airBaltic

On Tuesday (July 2, 2024), airBaltic announced the addition of three more routes from Riga for the winter 2023/24 season.  Starting December 22, 2024, the carrier will operate one weekly flight on Sundays between Riga and Innsbruck, Austria.  Innsbruck serves as a premier gateway for winter sports enthusiasts, and is in close proximity to renowned ski resorts such as St. Anton, Ischgl, and the Stubai Glacier.  This is airBaltic’s third Austrian destination, complementing existing service to Vienna and Salzburg.  Additionally, the carrier will launch new twice weekly regularly scheduled service to Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt, giving travelers the opportunity to enjoy stunning beaches, rich historical heritage, world-class diving, and vibrant local markets.


In Thursday’s announcement, airBaltic’s President and CEO, Martin Gauss, said,


“As we continue to assess market dynamics and passenger demand, airBaltic is committed to expanding its network and enhancing connectivity. We have identified an opportunity to expand our winter season network by adding already a third route to Austria, conveniently located near top ski resorts, thus providing easy access for lovers of winter sports and activities.  Additionally, we will start operating scheduled flights to leisure destinations in Egypt, offering customers the chance to escape the colder winter months and enjoy warm weather.


“airBaltic continues to be the leading airline in the region, and by expanding our network with new routes during the winter season, we aim to strengthen our position and ambition to grow, enhancing connectivity from the Baltics to the rest of the world.”


airBaltic's New Routes From Riga for Winter 2024/25 - Courtesy airBaltic

During the upcoming winter season, airBaltic plans on launching six new routes from the Baltic States, with four from Riga, one from Tallinn and one from Vilnius.  One of the new destinations from Riga is Madeira, with two weekly flights.  Madeira is a unique destination, offering visitors a relaxing experience with stunning scenery and breathtaking natural landscapes.


Established in 1995, Air Baltic Corporation SA (airBaltic) is a joint stock company with most of the equity (97.97%) held by the Latvian state and the remaining 2.03% held by other shareholders.  One of the most punctual carriers in the world, the airline connects the Baltic region with over 130 routes from Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius and Tampere to more than 70 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and the Caucasus region with a fleet of 47 Airbus A220-300s.  airBaltic also operates seasonally from Gran Canaria.  The airline Group also includes Air Baltic Training SIA, Loyalty Services SIA, Baltijas Kravu Centrs SIA and Crew Resources AS.  airBaltic currently employs over 2,500 team members.


 

Source: airBaltic

Commentaires


bottom of page