top of page

The content on Breitflyte Airline News Network will always be free and won’t require a subscription.  Breitflyte.com is a participant in several affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites.  We may earn a commission if you click on or make a purchase through one of our links.  Thank you for supporting our affiliate advertisers. 

ADVERTISEMENT

435a074505c8f5c71997768974c7e7ee_Breeze-DigitalAd-Banner-2.png

Jetstar Asia to Resume Service Between Singapore and Haikou, China From April 29, 2023

After a three-year hiatus due to the pandemic, Jetstar Asia will resume service between Singapore and Haikou in China from April 29, 2023. The carrier will operate four weekly return flights on the route, providing over 70,000 seats annually.


Jetstar Airbus A321neo - Courtesy Jetstar Airways

On Monday (April 17, 2023), Jetstar Asia announced the resumption of service between Singapore and Haikou in China following a three-year suspension due to the pandemic. The carrier will offer four weekly return flights on the route, providing over 70,000 seats annually. Flights will operate on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, departing Singapore at 07:25 and arriving in Haikou at 11:05. The return flights depart Haikou at 12:00 and arrive in Singapore at 15:30. To celebrate the restart of service to Haikou, the port city and capital of China’s Hainan Province, Jetstar Asia is offering special one-way fares from SGD128 through April 24, 2023.

In Monday’s announcement, Jetstar Asia’s Regional General Manager – Southeast Asia and Greater China, Xu Haibing, said,


“Haikou was the very first Chinese city Jetstar Asia flew to in 2009 and as the first international airline to provide low-cost travel to customers in China, we have a long-standing relationship with the city of Haikou. Nearly 15 years later, Haikou remains an important port for Jetstar Asia and a popular destination for our customers, including the many Singaporeans with Hainanese heritage. And for our customers from China, they will not only enjoy direct flights to Singapore, the ‘Garden City’ but seamless connectivity to our expanding network of incredible Southeast Asian countries including Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Jakarta, Denpasar and Surabaya. By re-establishing this route, combined with our great value fares, we look forward to helping reconnect families and friends, as well as supporting the recovery of the tourism industry.”


Also commenting on the resumption of service between Singapore and Haikou, Jetstar Asia’s Chief Executive Officer, Barathan Pasupathi, added,


“Last month we relocated our operations to Terminal 4 at Changi International Airport to help support our plans for future growth while ensuring our customers continue to enjoy a fantastic customer experience in our new home at the global hub. We’re delighted that less than a month later, we can announce the restart of our services to Haikou. China remains a critical market and as we continue to expand our network and our fleet, we look forward to offering our customers more fantastic low fares to more incredible leisure destinations.”


Prior to the onset of the global COVID-19 pandemic, Jetstar operated over 80 weekly flights to Haikou, Shantou, Sanya, Xuzhou and Guiyang in China, as well as to Taipei in Taiwan.


Launched in Australia in 2004, Jetstar Airways is wholly owned by the Qantas Group, and has to date carried over 250 million passengers. Jetstar Group also includes Singapore-based Jetstar Asia Airways which is managed by Newstar Holdings and majority-owned (51%) by Westbrook Investments of Singapore, with the remaining 49% owned by Qantas Group. The Group also includes Jetstar Japan, a partnership between Qantas Group, Japan Airlines and Tokyo Century Corporation. Jetstar Group is one of the Asia Pacific’s largest LCC networks by revenue, with Jetstar-branded carriers serving over 85 destinations with more than 5,000 flights weekly. The Group operates a fleet of 11 Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners, 96 Airbus A320s and six A321s, and also has 18 Airbus A321neo LRs on order for Jetstar Airways.



Source: Jetstar Airways

Comments


bottom of page