• Joe Breitfeller

Jetstar Resumes Domestic New Zealand Service as Travel Restrictions are Eased

Jetstar announced on Monday that they will resume domestic service in New Zealand with 75 return weekly flights to five destinations. The flights represent around 60 percent of the carrier’s normal domestic schedule.


Jetstar Airbus A321neo - Courtesy Jetstar

Today, Jetstar announced the resumption of domestic flights in New Zealand as restrictions are eased. The carrier will offer 75 weekly return flights to five destinations, representing about 60 percent of their normal domestic schedule in New Zealand. Guests who have booked tickets for the remaining 40 percent have been contacted with a range of options. Jetstar will monitor market demand and likely add additional flights in the coming months. All flights will be subject to the Qantas Group’s ‘Fly Well’ program to ensure the health and well-being of guests and team members including measures such as contactless check-in, enhanced cleaning and the provision of masks and sanitizing wipes. In Monday’s announcement, Jetstar Group’s CEO, Gareth Evans said,


“With a move to Level One restrictions across New Zealand, Jetstar is well and truly ready for takeoff. We’re looking forward to bringing family and friends together and helping to boost local tourism by offering great low fares. Customers will notice a number of wellbeing initiatives as our flights resume, which have been developed based on best practice medical advice and customer feedback, such as masks and sanitizing wipes. This is in addition to the measures we already have in place such as extra cleaning and HEPA filters onboard that remove 99.9 percent of all particles, including viruses. To give customers further peace of mind, we’ve introduced more flexibility into bookings, enabling customers to book with greater confidence.”


Jetstar Resumes Domestic New Zealand Flights - Courtesy Jetstar Airways

For bookings made on the airline’s website between June 8th and June 30th, 2020, Jetstar will waive change fees for a date change one time (customers will have to pay the fare difference, if any). The booking flexibility policy applies for travel from July 1st through October 31st, 2020 on any Jetstar Airways (JQ) domestic flights within New Zealand. If a flight is cancelled by Jetstar, the airline will notify customers directly with a range of options.


Source: Jetstar Airways

0 comments